Bone Broth is definitely all it is made out to be!
Hippocrates said “all disease begins in the gut” and I very much believe this.
Every healing journey should start by investigating HIDDEN stressors in all the basic systems of the body. One of those is the digestion system.
If the gut isn’t working that way it should, we cannot break down our foods and absorb vital nutrients to ensure our brain functions optimally. To add to this, 70% of the immune system is in the gut and 90% of the “brain chemical” serotonin is in the GI tract. So, if your gut isn’t functioning properly then it is very hard for you to function properly as well.
Bone Broth has been consumed by humans for thousands of years. It is more than your average soup as it has many health benefits.
Bone broth is filled with amino acids, trace minerals, collagen, gelatin and vital nutrients and it not only aids gut healing but also speeds up digestion, helps boost the immune system and detoxification, heal food intolerances and even reduce cellulite (bonus!).
Leaky gut (which I will explain in a separate blog) is common with kids with ADHD and SPD etc so adding bone broth to the diet is vital in their healing journey.
How to Make Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 lbs Organic chicken wings/ drumsticks
- 1 Gallon Water
- 1 tbsp Himalayan sea salt – check out my fave brand here>>
- 2 tbsp Raw apple cider vinegar – (this helps pull out important nutrients from the bones) – check out my fave brand here>>
- 2 Smashed garlic cloves
- 2 Carrots (ends removed)
- 2 Celery (ends removed)
- 3 Scallions (ends removed)
- Add all these ingredients to a slow cooker # and cook for 24 – 48 hours on low heat. You can also cook the ingredients on high heat for 6 to 12 hours if you want to speed the process up.
- Make sure the broth has enough water. If the water evaporates, add more so that the pot remains full.
- Strain the bones and meat out. You can use the drumstick meat for other ingredients. Discard the bones.
- Use the broth in other recipes or drink on its own. You can store it for up to a week in your fridge or freeze up to three months.
That’s it! So simple.
I make it for my kids all the time. Try it. I am sure your kid will love it as much as mine does.
Want to know more about how we can help YOU get to a place of peace and calm with your child using natural strategies?
Book your free call with one of my expert team members to help you take your next step toward a healthier, happier home. There is absolutely NO RISK. It’s free, and there are no obligations. All we will do is chat about how we can help you get to where you want to go!
And as always, I am not a medical doctor and the above post is based on my experience. No information on this site should be relied upon to make a medical diagnosis, treat, prevent or cure any disease or medical condition.