Don’t close your eyes to the simple roast chicken.
Struggling with what to make for dinner?
Not enough time on your hands?
I find myself facing these challenges every day of the week!
Roasting a whole chicken in the oven is so simple and doesn’t require much thought at all.
The humble roast chicken provides a large amount of nutrition as follows:
- great supply of protein
- essential vitamins – C, B6, B12, A, D, E, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and folate
- minerals – calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc
Simple Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 – 3 lb roasting organic chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees;
- 2. Place the whole chicken into a medium sized baking pan;
- 3. Rub the whole chicken with olive oil;
- 4. In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and paprika, then sprinkle evenly over chicken;
- 5. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes;
- 6. Lower the oven to 400 degrees and continue baking for 40 – 50 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear;
- 7. Let the chicken rest in it’s juices for at least 10 minutes before carving.
Want to know more about how we can help YOU get to a place of peace and calm with your child using natural strategies?
Book your free call with one of my expert team members to help you take your next step toward a healthier, happier home. There is absolutely NO RISK. It’s free, and there are no obligations. All we will do is chat about how we can help you get to where you want to go!
And as always, I am not a medical doctor and the above post is based on my experience. No information on this site should be relied upon to make a medical diagnosis, treat, prevent or cure any disease or medical condition.